Friday, April 2, 2010

Rustoleum Camo Spray Paint


I've used this Rustoleum camouflage paint on a few items so far. I used it in conjunction with Krylon and Alumahyde 2 on my new AR15 and also my son has had me paint some of his toy guns with it.

Durability has been about on par with most other spray paints of this type. In high wear areas it'll wear off with time, but in other areas it seams to wear well.

One thing I don't like is the current spray nozzles. This may have changed by the time you read this, but as of the cans bought in late 2009 the nozzles did not impress me. Within the first 5 minutes of using the can for the first time i got some clogs that resulted in spattering and a interrupted spray. It wasn't constant, but it was enough to be irritating.

One thing I like about the Rustoleum is that they have a few more colors than Krylon currently has in their camouflage lineup.

Overall, a good paint and on par with others.
Cost is typically around $5 a can.

2 comments:

Albert A Rasch said...

Hey,
Thanks for the heads up on it. I actually noticed it while in the paint aisle the other day.

Best Regards,
Albert
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
Reviewing the Nikon Monarch 8X42.

Jeanette K. said...

Looks like it works pretty well. Thanks for posting the pictures.