Thursday, June 12, 2008

Skagen Titanium

I got this Skagen Titanium watch to wear for more formal occasions where a G-shock or other sports type watch wasn't appropriate. I got it at sharper image for $130.

Being Titanium it's very light. It's one of the thin models and is extremely thin as well. Wearing it on my left arm I've found because of it being thin and the adjustment knob being toward my hand it can have a tendency to dig in a little every now and again. As for the durability, I don't know. I only wear this for formal occasions and there are no marks on it as of yet, but it doesn't see hard abuse either.

One thing that I don't like is that the illumination (which has to be charged with light) only lasts about 10 minutes...a little bit longer if your eyes are really adjusted to the dark. Also, in the sun it's sometimes hard to read due to everything on it being a gunmetal color, including the hands. the sun reflecting off the back of the face makes it hard to read the time sometimes. There is a very thin amount of paint on the hands, but it doesn't seem to be enough to help out. The band is very easy to adjust and it does keep excellent time. A great formal watch and even for everyday use if you're not going to be banging it around. I do like this watch for casual and dress occasions.

MSRP: $120
Colors: Grey, Silver, Black

No comments: