Sunday, May 4, 2008

Gaffer Tape

I love this stuff.. I keep 100mph tape around, but I primarily use this in place of the OD duct tape. Gaffer tape is tape used in the movie and entertainment industry. The reason is that it is strong but easily ripped, non-reflective, and doesn't leave a sticky residue when taken off.
The reason I started looking for a tape other than 100mph tape is that when we would mark "unit gear" with our names using 100mph the name would rub off because of the glossy surface of the tape. I knew that there was a tape out there that had more of a matte surface that was cloth tape. When I found gaffer tape I knew I'd be using this tape over 100mph tape for most applications. This tape is 12mil thick, good adhesion (60oz/in) and is water resistant. It's available in 1,2,3,4 inch widths and a variety of colors.

No comments: