Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Timex Ironman Shock Watch - female version



Review by Jessi

I bought this watch on vacation in Pennsylvania because our new puppy ate my G-shock. I missed having a watch so I thought I would give this one a try.
First the watch has many features to use. The features are great and one thing you can do with this watch is customize the features by turning the modes on or off, so if you don't use a certain mode it can be turned off. The watch also has large numbers making it very easy to read. A excellent feature for runners, bikers, etc.
  • 30-lap memory recall
  • Durable stainless steel top ring
  • 100-hour chronograph
  • 24 hour countdown timer
  • Customizable features
  • 3 alarms with 5 minute back-up
  • 3 time zones
  • Golf score keeper
  • Water-resistant 200m
  • Forward or backward setting

I like the small diameter of the watch as I have a small wrist and I don't want something huge. However, it is very wide and I don't like that. If it was a little bit thinner it would be much nicer and probably even a little lighter.

The alarms are loud. You can hear them several rooms away. I am a hard sleeper and it wakes me up so that is also a good thing to have in a watch.

When I first started wearing the watch the band was stiff but once I had worn it for a while it loosened up and was a lot more comfortable. The watch also take a good beating. I work in a lab where I tend to bump into everything. I still do not see a single scratch or mark on the watch due to this which is a excellent feature for those of us that put our watches to the test.

Overall this watch is a good watch.

Price: $80.00

Update (01/02/09): The backlight has stopped working. My husband took apart the watch and checked to make sure the button was contacting inside and it is. He reset the watch and the backlight is still not functioning.

No comments: